Maplewood Elementary PTA is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization affliated with the Oregon PTA. We support the school and children with a variety of fundraisers and activities. The PTA also provides funding for things such as buses for field trips, speakers (Audubon, Author visits, etc.) for classes, and pupil enrichment.
What does our PTA do?
All PTA activities are run by parent volunteers like yourself. Maplewood parents supply many hours of support to the school throughout the school year.
- Pupil Enrichment: Our largest expenditure. Each teacher and the principal recieve $300 to spend on supplies for their classroom and your student.
- Hospitality Committee: The Hospitality Committee hosts a variety of events throughout the year. Every Thursday, the Hospitality Committee, hosts Parent Coffee in the cafeteria. Coffee and tea are served with your choice of creamers and sugar, as well as a treat (like fruit, donuts, cakes, etc.)
- Maplewood Outdoor Explorers (Garden Committee):The MOE is a group that keeps our Wildwood outdoor classroom beautiful and our raised beds looking great and watered in the summer.
- Green Team: Supports our school to have a lower environmental footprint. Organize classroom composting, de-lamping and recycling events.
- Maplewood Week: Typically happens the week prior to Spring Break. During this week, the days are themed (Pajama Day, Favorite Color Day, etc.). We also have a Skate Night at Oaks Park and overall lots of fun!
- Speakers and Field Trips: The PTA provides funding for buses for fieldtrips. Already for this year, the PTA has paid for buses for the Kindergarten classes to go to the Pumpkin Patch! The PTA also pays for speakers from the Audubon or Author visits to the library.
- Walk and Bike to School This is a great event that allows kids to walk or bike to school at various times throughout the year
- PTA Fundraising
Without the fundraisers we would not be able to support to the school!
- Fundraisers: Carnival
- Activities: Math/Science Night
Scholastic Book Fair
Native Plant Sale
Family Art Night
How to Get Involved:
* The PTA is run by parents! The more parents who are involved, the more we can do! We are always looking for parents to be involved. There are a few ways to be involved.
Become a member of the PTA! Membership is $20 for one, each additional is $12. Membership money pays for our dues to the National and State PTA's. It also helps support the PTA and the activities we do.
* Come to the PTA meetings to find out how to get more involved, what is going on at our school and in our community, and give your input on issues that impact our students. Meetings are held every other month on the 2nd Thursday of each month during the school year at 6:30 pm in the Library. We provide snacks and supervised play area (free of charge) until 7:30.
* Become a Parent Leader and help out the school by donating some of your time to one of the many activities going on. There are always committees looking for people to help! Try your skills at one of the many fundraisers or if you don't want to do fundraising, help out with Hospitality Committee, M.O.E or Green Team.
Forms from the Treasurer: